The DeSmet Family

The DeSmet Family
Kelly, Valerie, Julia, Ella and Tucker

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Black Sesame Kitchen

Had a great adult night out in Beijing with some friends at Black Sesame Kitchen.  It is a family style Chinese restaurant, in the middle of a hutong (Chinese neighborhood), that has unbelievable good food.
We enjoyed strolling past the shops and vendors, and I even bought me some Cheetah ear barrettes.  I have admired them on many of the local Chinese women (seriously), and decided that I needed to blend in a bit more. 
It was a great night that involved way to much beer, wine and bijiu (Chinese liqueur that taste worse than rubbing alcohol). Thank goodness we got to sleep in the next morning because I had a MSG hangover and Kelly had a regular one!
The chef's cooking one of the many courses.


Our cute little American waitress that is studying abroad.
And here comes the bijiu.....gombay!! (what you say before you take your shot)

Our friend Jason liked the bijiu a little too much.....until the next morning!

Streets of the hutong!

Had a few drinks at a bar called "The Wiggly Jiggly".  The minute we walked in they started playing country music. They must aim to please but do I look country????  How about a little Linkin Park???

We had to walk through a maze of houses to get to the restaurant.  This is in in front of the restaurant.  I love the clothes hanging on the line!

Black Sesame Kitchen.  It is a top restaurant in Beijing on TripAdvisor.

Our group

My friend Heather rocking my Cheetah ears.......Meowwwwww!

I love this hutong area.  It is an experience in itself and I also love my kitty ears (which have now been confinscated by kids).

No comments:

Post a Comment